ticket tracking software

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Apr 19 07:27:21 MDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 at 13:20 -0600, Gregory Hill wrote:

> > trac absolutely rocks.  The subversion and wiki integration make for
> one
> > powerful collaboration system too.  It's highly adaptable.  We've
> > altered and extended trac to handle 6 different departments, and
> > integrated it with out ldap server.  It is by far the best one I've
> ever
> > seen.  Even better it is written in python, so it is extensible and
> > modular.
>
> The main beef I have with trac is it displaying email addresses in plain
> text which spam crawlers pick up.  I received absolutely NO spam on my
> email account before posting a bug to a system using trac.  Now I get a
> few a day (still not horrible, but I preferred receiving no spam).
>
> I wish they'd obfuscate it in some way. Reading on their site, it's been
> a reported bug for over 2 years with no solution as of yet (just arguing
> about what the best method would be).
>
> Of course, that could be an issue with the others as well, I have no
> idea.

I have an analogy for this. Better to have an immune system than live
your life in a clean room.

With a simple bayesian filter I recieve something like 400 spam on a
low-volume day and see 1 or maybe 2 a day make it through the filter. I
haven't had to worry about where my email address shows up in years.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach