Mysql Naming Convention

Garth Hill garth at thaabit.net
Tue Apr 18 15:18:02 MDT 2006

 > I was wondering if there is a mysql naming convention for tables and
columns ... Is there a right or wrong way to do it ?

Simple answer: plural=wrong

Why?  irregular plurals.  I mean, maybe you don't have an abstracted way
to find the id based on the table name, but if you ever did, you're
hosed (addresses=addresse_id?).  Also, if you think of the table in a
pseudo-class way, then the class name would be singular, a blueprint for
the objects (records).

Just my thoughts.  I doubt there's an official standard somewhere.

--
Garth

-Albert Einstein