ticket tracking software

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Tue Apr 18 13:28:01 MDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:32:32 -0600, "Michael L Torrie"
<torriem at chem.byu.edu> said:
> trac absolutely rocks.  The subversion and wiki integration make for one
> powerful collaboration system too.  It's highly adaptable.  We've
> altered and extended trac to handle 6 different departments, and
> integrated it with out ldap server.  It is by far the best one I've ever
> seen.  Even better it is written in python, so it is extensible and
> modular.

However, the templating front-end they picked (clearsilver?) is the
worst I've ever used.  *shudder*

I did pigeonhole one of the trac developers at PyCon about this and he
said pretty much everyone hates it and they're trying to pick a
replacement for 1.0.  But with all such things where the pain is
relatively diffuse, it may never happen...

-J