ticket tracking software

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Tue Apr 18 11:32:32 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 14:44 -0600, Scott Paul Robertson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:38:11PM -0600, Stephen shaw wrote:
> > I'm trying to find a good ticket tracking software package.  Does anyone
> > have any recommendations?
> >
> > I haven't followed this kind of software ever, so I'm a little in the dark.
> >

> I've been experimentating with trac
> (http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/) lately. Geared for software bug
> tracking, but looks like it will meet my needs for ticket tracking.

trac absolutely rocks.  The subversion and wiki integration make for one
powerful collaboration system too.  It's highly adaptable.  We've
altered and extended trac to handle 6 different departments, and
integrated it with out ldap server.  It is by far the best one I've ever
seen.  Even better it is written in python, so it is extensible and
modular.

Michael