ticket tracking software

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:00:02 MDT 2006

On 4/17/06, Stephen shaw <sshaw at decriptor.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a good ticket tracking software package.  Does anyone
> have any recommendations?
>
> I haven't followed this kind of software ever, so I'm a little in the dark.

I tried to find some good software once.  Everything I found was
either bloated (for what I needed) or just plain dumb, so I wrote my
own.  It doesn't take long to write one that meets your needs.  Mine
is funny though, or I'd offer it.  It's written intirely in JSTL (JSP
Standard TagLibs).

Anyway, here are a few of the bloated ones that looked okay:

Request Tracker <http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/>
Bugzilla <http://www.bugzilla.org/>

RT comes highly recommended from the SysAdmin world.  Bugzilla is
normally used for bugs but works fine for less softwarish things.