wireless router suggestion

David B bavibs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:04:44 MDT 2006

>I always have to put in my PLUG for doing it with a PCI card in a
>dedicated firewall, but I know it's not for everyone.  I'm a big fan of
>flexibility.

While you mention it, dust off an old PII ...

Take a look at pfsence.  You boot up an old computer with two nics off a
CDROM iso and in minutes you have one of the coolest all time routers
Another one you might look at is m0n0 wall, or ipcop.

Mono wall has a really cool wireless portal feature. You can let your
neighbors connet and when they try to browse you can send them to a
billing page.

I know this is a linux list but everybody knows Openbsd's "pf" firewall
is the best firewall :)