Antennas for wireless networks

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Fri Apr 14 16:05:56 MDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Sterling Jacobson wrote:

> You can get a panel antenna from down the street at pacwireless.com.
> What might be cheaper and easier is to get a Deliberant all in one unit
> from deliberant.com for about $170 including antenna, mount and power
> injector.

Hmm, thanks for the tip.

> Just make sure you aren't going against the service providers AUP agreement.
> If you were doing that on our system you would be in violation.

True, I should probably do that before I invest any more money in the
project.  Although I have mixed thoughts on whether I agree with a AUP
that specifies something like that.  Sharing with my neighbor is pretty
benign.  Sharing with my entire neighborhood is a different thing
altogether.  Millions of people are sharing with their neighbors anyway
without even knowing it.  (See how I justify my actions? ;)

Jonathan