Antennas for wireless networks

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Fri Apr 14 09:48:12 MDT 2006

Since we are on the subject of wireless networks, I figured I would ask a
question about antennas to see if anyone here knows much about them.  I
currently "share" my Internet connection with one of my neighbors who
lives across the street.  I put a WAP in my attic and a repeater in his
house.  From the front of my house to the front of his it is about 25
meters.  The repeater that I have over at his house is able to pick up the
signal from the WAP in my attic, but it is weak.  However, it is good
enough for them to surf the Internet.  They are not power users so do not
know that it could be going much faster.

I am wondering if someone can suggest an antenna that I could put in my
attic that would send a strong signal across the stree?

My network is almost exclusively Netgear.  I have had good success with
Netgear and enjoy their products.  However, I am not married to them by
any means.

This is what is in my attic and also in my neighbors house:
http://netgear.com/products/details/WG602.php

Thanks,
Jonathan