wireless router suggestion

Sterling Jacobson sterling at ilc-it.net
Fri Apr 14 08:52:36 MDT 2006

In our ISP we have a customer call in with router failure about every other day - seriously.

One of the better ones we've found for a decent price is the Linksys WRT54GL. I believe you can flash the firmware with a few different open source versions that give you plenty of functionality.

The WRT54G and GS series suck eggs now that Cisco changed the hardware platform in them. Netgears participate in broadcast storms, Belkins and DLinks are ok, but have a high failure rate too it seems.