OT: Java XML-RPC

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:50:00 MDT 2006

I am working on putting together both an XML-RPC client and server in
Java, but Apache's latest official binary release (3.0a1) has a couple
of bugs that are seriously aggravating:

1. It can't pass/return an array of arrays, and
2. It can't parse "string" with a lowercase 's'?!?.

A bit of Googling has informed me that those problems are fixed in the
latest dev build.  I have downloaded the xmlrpc-3.0b1 binaries but
haven't given them a whirl yet.  If they work, I will probably be
satisfied (until I run into some other undiscovered bug).

I am curious to see if anyone knows when Apache is thinking of
"officially" releasing fixes to these bugs.

Stephen

P.S.  I nearly posted this to the UJUG but the last time I posted a
question over there, it took days for someone to respond.  Please
pardon my off-topic-ness. :)

--
Ray tracing rules: http://ray-tracer.blogspot.com