DNS registrars?

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at tni.com
Thu Apr 13 14:11:26 MDT 2006

> You're right, which is why it's a dumb idea for a domain registrar to
> advertise during the Super Bowl. The intended audience and actual
> audience are pretty far apart.

I think the idea was to expand their audience.  Non-techies sometimes
want to get domain names, too, but don't know where or how to get them.
I know several people that immediately think GoDaddy now when they think
about getting a domain name.  Previously, they would've had to ask
someone.

So, like 'em or hate 'em, the ads served their purpose, IMO.

Greg