OpenOffice.org 2.0 printing problems.

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:22:17 MDT 2006

I have a laser printer that speaks PCL.  Whenever I print to it from
OpenOffice 2.0 (any application) the fonts come out horribly.  What I
mean is that the spacing is all wrong and the kerning is almost
unreadable.  I think it could be a font mismatch between what openoffice
(well ghostscript actually) thinks the font is and what the printer has.
I have the right ppds and things in cups and all other apps print fine.
Right now what I have to click on the pdf button, generate a pdf and
then use Adobe Reader to print it.

Has anyone else had OpenOffice print poorly?

Michael