CSS dilemma ..

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sat Apr 8 16:06:28 MDT 2006

Gregory Hill wrote:
>> I've used text-overflow, and other overflow parameters.  I know I
>> am close, but its just not quite there yet. I don't want to use
>> javascript.

> Why not?  Just curious.

For maximum usability you should always use JavaScript sparingly and
only in ways that do not disrupt the usability of your site/application
or prevent graceful degradation. Always think of the user who is using
links/lynx, a PDA/phone, or an ancient version of NS/IE.

So, yeah, it's wise to try to solve your problem without JavaScript, if
possible.

  "For Sale. Three canaries of undermined sex."
     -- Seen in a newspaper ad