high speed utah ISP

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 09:50:59 MDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:
> Many ISPs have been discussed many times on this list, but there is
> one that I do not recall being mentioned. Does anyone have any
> experience with High Speed Utah [1]? They are a small, local company
> offering service in northern Utah County. They are offering what
> appears to be a very good package: better price for better service.
> Their service runs in the five gigahertz range on 802.11a using
> wireless access routers from vao mount.

Based on the language in the FAQ I'd guess that this ISP is really
"some guy", and based on the shape of the service area and some other
clues in the FAQ I'd further guess that he's using some kind of ad-hoc
network not unlike the community wireless networks that are popping up
all over.  So your connection might hop between two or three other
customer's connections before getting to whatever he's got.

- Andrew