VOIP

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Thu Apr 6 22:10:14 MDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Barry Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:19:10AM -0600, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
>>> 2. I also got 2 iax trunks for outbound calling with my asterisk pbx.
>>
>> What are "trunks"?  I have heard that term used before.
>
> In the old days it was a phone line, 2 wires, tip&ring, etc.  With
> voip it means they allow me to make 2 simultaneous calls.
>
> A trunk is what you get from the phone company, an extension is what
> you get from your PBX/KSU.

2 wires, tip&ring, extension from PBX/KSU ... totally clear now! ;-)

Speaking of VoIP, has anyone ever used/heard of SunRocket? They
seem to be the cheapest ($10/month for 200 minutes, $17/m for unlimited)
and have tons of features. But I'm wary of quality concerns and wonder if
I shouldn't just get a crappy landline from Qworst.

 	~ Ross