VOIP

Barry Roberts blr at www.robertsr.us
Thu Apr 6 10:39:51 MDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:16:16AM -0600, Roberto Mello wrote:

> That's cool. Do they have international plans? I couldn't find info on
> any international plans/rates on their site.

I don't know.  But every time I've called them I've talked to a person
who could answer all my questions.

> > 2. I also got 2 iax trunks for outbound calling with my asterisk pbx.
> > They're a small local company, they know what they're doing, and they
> > are very responsive.  Highly recommended
>
> Can you expound on that? I'm not quite familiar with the lingo yet.

With apologies to the non-LDS members of this group, here here goes.
I'm in an Elder's quorum presidency, and the pres asked me to set up a
dialer so that we can announce service projects.  Sometimes we only
find out about a need the day before, and sometimes folks forget.

So I set up an asterisk at home pbx behind my firewall, and I will use it
to call all the Elder's in the ward, play a message, and log the
status of the call.  So I have my normal phone line via SIP and my
LinkSyss RT31P2 router.  I tinker too much to make my wife suffer
through depending on my asterisk box for normal phone service.  But I
don't have to pay a monthly fee for the outbound-only trunks.  I just
pay a per-minute fee.  I can't receive calls on them, but that's ok
for what I'm doing.

I've made lots of test calls, and I'll be doing the first real
distribution tonight and tomorrow.

Barry