A Good Business Scanner

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Sep 29 11:51:24 MDT 2005

Ryan Nielsen wrote:
> My company would like to convert all of our paper documents to
> electronic files (probably pdf).  Does anyone have experience with this
> or know of a good cheap way of doing this.  We are looking into buying a
> Xerox DocuMate 510.  This unit comes with the software to convert the
> files directly to pdf.  We would also like to be able to append to
> specific files when necessary.  The following link is an example of what
> we've been looking at (something small).
>
> http://www.superwarehouse.com/Xerox_DocuMate_510_Scanner/XDM5105D-WU/p/353384
>

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have any concrete ideas, but I do know that the standard name
for the software for these things is "Data Warehouse" (or at least
that's one common name). I think it's a silly and nonobvious name, which
is why I mention it here.

I also believe they are usually a real pain in the neck, from the way
I've heard people talk about them.