printing to a windows printer

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Sep 29 07:51:11 MDT 2005

Let's see the output of 'lpstat -v' and 'lpinfo -v', and while we're at
it, lpq.

Then, if possible, verify that you can print via SMB from another
windows box.

The primary suspect is that you're not connecting to the share properly.
Consider whether it's user-level security or share-level security, try
smb://user:pass@workgroup/server/printer, play with smbspool manually,
etc. And here's another doc on the subject:

http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#8_9