Automating email

Stephen Smith scsmith1451 at totacc.com
Tue Sep 27 18:54:45 MDT 2005

I'm looking for a command line email client to automate distribution of
reports generated by my organization.  It must allow the inclusion of
the subject and body of the email, attachments, return receipt request
and a to:-list from the command line.  cc:-list and bc:-list are
optional. I've searched the site and the web without a lot of success.
mail doesn't appear to support attachments and the newer versions of
mutt seem to require operator interaction.   Is there some other open
source solutions out there that others have used successfully?