[OT] Re: Anyone competing with Zend?

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Mon Sep 26 13:36:42 MDT 2005

Thus said Lonnie Olson on Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:47:51 MDT:

> The problem is that Mail.app is  displaying the footer right after the
> =20= message and  ignores the trailing space after  your message. This
> is a  =20= bug in Mail.app  display routines. This can  be verified by
> comparing =20  the Squirrel  mail display  to Mail.app.  Squirrel mail
> gets it right.

This  is even  more easily  verified by  simply looking  at the  message
sources. The message isn't being  formatted correctly when sent out from
his email client. Here are a  few examples taken from messages sent from
Wade. Notice  that there is  no newline  before the MIME  boundary which
probably explains  why Mail.app  is displaying the  parts one  after the
other without newlines.

Here are some excerpts and the relevant MIME boundary missing newlines:

Yes, authentication has changed. Authentication is encrypted now. The
error is most likely occurring because your server is requiring non-
encrypted authentication.
--Apple-Mail-12-52916124

See this page for more information: http://www.macwindows.com/tiger.html
--Apple-Mail-13-53626019

Airwired, although I cannot vouch for the service. I only know that
they exist.

http://www.airwired.net/
--Apple-Mail-41--190243248

So, as you can  see, in each one of these cases,  the text/plain part of
the  message doesn't  have a  newline after  the last  line of  text and
before the MIME boundary.

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
  1:36pm  up 97 days, 22:14,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.03, 1.01