Anyone competing with Mail.app?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Sep 24 22:12:20 MDT 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 at 20:00 -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> >The link came through for me both times. Are you sure Mail isn't
> >screwing up the display? Check the pluglist archives to make sure
> >it look wrong/right.
>
> No, but it works for all of the other Mailman lists that I am
> subscribed to. Compare the following examples:

Blame Mail.app. Everywhere I can look your messages end with two newlines,
then the sig is in a separate attachment which also begins with its own
blank line.

Mail.app on the other hand has already proven to me that it is only
half-baked. One example: there is no way to see only subscribed folders
in IMAP mailboxes. Combined with stupid servers that use your home
directory as the folder root (I'm looking at you, UW), Mail.app is
absolutely and completely unusable. So I find it easy to believe that
they're messing up rendering too.

Thunderbird works pretty well on OS X, you might give that a go.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a