OpenLDAP development question, long shot

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Sat Sep 24 20:12:04 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 19:26 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:

> Two words: Good luck.
>
> For years, I've been expecting OpenLDAP to become the Apache of LDAP,
> but it just hasn't happened. As such, you can expect minimal support
> when hacking slapd code. Are you sure that Fedora Directory Server can't
> do what you want out of the box? Last I checked it was considerably more
> featureful.

I have no idea if Fedora Directory will work.  I'm essentially rewriting
my ldap proxy server as an opendirectory overlay, which is (in theory)
far cleaner and a much more appropriate place to do the things I'm
doing.

If Fedora Directory Server can run arbitrary external scripts in any
language as triggers to LDAP queries (requests), allow modification of
LDAP requests and responses midstream by said scripts, then yes it would
work.

Michael.