OpenLDAP development question, long shot

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Sat Sep 24 17:52:59 MDT 2005

Having received a speedy answer to my bind question, I now challenge the
community with the following.  Has anyone on this list happened to do
any OpenLDAP development (as in work on the OpenLDAP code) or on
OpenLDAP overlay development?  I need to start a new project building a
couple of openldap overlays (as shared libraries) and I'm drowning in a
sea of undocumented APIs, cryptic header files, crappy pseudo-hungarian
notation, 3-page long structures, etc.  Conceptually I understand what's
going on.  I am on the OpenLDAP-devel list and plan to ask more
questions there, but I don't want to sound like a complete idiot.

Michael