Asterisk and the big bad echo

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Sep 24 10:36:39 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 00:57 -0600, Corey Edwards wrote:
> Now with a T1 or other digital lines it shouldn't ever be a problem.
That's part of my frustration.  It shouldn't be a problem (on PRI here)
and most of the time it's not.  But every now and again it happens.

> For me, I think I'll be switching to a VoIP provider at some point.
> NuFone looks pretty good for an Asterisk provider.

I like them OK.  I use them at home for outgoing when Broadvoice flakes
out.  My dial plan will use them if I dial a "9" before the number.
They don't have local DIDs and I don't want to pay for the 800 number.
Their quality is OK but not rock solid.

On the other hand Asterisk and PRI (vs VoIP) has been solid.  If I could
just loose the occasional echo.  BTW, I read on the mailing list the
echo suppression is going to be much better in 1.2.  I don't know
anything about it, it's just what I've read.

Gabe