Peer 2 Peer

Hans Fugal hans at
Fri Sep 23 16:58:54 MDT 2005

I'd actually recommend JXTA even though you apparently would rather
steer clear of java. I haven't actually written anything with it, but I
seriously considered it and did the research, and I think JXTA is a fine

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 at 16:07 -0600, Dennis wrote:
> I'm playing around with some p2p stuff for school.  Have any of you
> programmed an app that was part of  a p2p network?  I'm looking around
> for something like a library or framework that can help to establish a
> p2p network so I don't have to write the whole overlay network.  I know
> about JXTA but don't necessarily want to involve Java in the whole
> experimentation.
> I suppose I could just download the gnutella source and play with that
> but I don't necessarily like their method of doing p2p (not totally
> against it either).
> Thoughts?
> Dennis
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe:

 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a   | merrier world.