BIND problem

Corey Edwards tensai at
Thu Sep 22 21:22:58 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 21:11 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 16:13 -0600, Corey Edwards wrote:
> > I'm doing that for a few zones, actually. The one caveat is that
> > will *not* work. Generally speaking, that
> > shouldn't be a problem.
> Do you mean that anything in won't resolve to
> the real address or that I can't override such a name?

Sorry, that really is pretty ambiguous. I meant that anything in won't resolve to the normal address. I started
thinking about it and I wasn't sure why that is, so I ran a few tests.
One of the domains that I forge is As expected, won't resolve on my box. Yay! That's because Bind
believes it is authoritative for the whole * zone, so
anything not listed doesn't exist. doesn't work