A thought on how to deal with OT threads...

Derek Carter goozbach at gurulabs.com
Thu Sep 22 12:40:21 MDT 2005

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 09:58:41AM -0600, Grant Robinson wrote:
>
>>With the off-topic threads recently (and the complaints about them), I
>>have come up with what I think is possibly the best solution (and also
>>one of the more complicated ones).
>

> Two other options come to mind.
>
> * Put out contracts on people who start off-topic threads or hijack
>   on-topic threads to off-topic subjects.
>
> * Resign from the list.
>
> The first could prove expensive. I'm seriously considering the second.

here's a third option:
* Use a threaded email client, and collapse and delete any thread that
doesn't interest you. One need not read every word of every email sent
to them. (also try not picking up the phone next time it rings... such a
great feeling, not letting tools overpower us)

--
-----
Derek Carter <goozbach at gurulabs.com>