OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00in twoweeks

JStay at mediageneral.com JStay at mediageneral.com
Thu Sep 22 10:22:34 MDT 2005

> I was in Fredericksburg at the time.  Although it was only a
> tropical storm by the time it reached us, it was quite an
> experience to have the wind blow so hard for so long.  We
> lost power for 12 hours if I recall correctly.
>
> Before the storm, I really couldn't think of a reason to get
> a generator.  Then I understood when everybody got concerned
> about their refrigerators.  If the outage had lasted only a
> few hours longer, we would have thrown away food.
>
> Shane

My parents lived in Northern VA at the time and were one of the few that
still had their power.  We just brought all our perishables up there.
Luckily, it happened over a weekend if I remember right, so by the time
we got back our power was back on.  I only wish I could afford a
generator - not having power sucks, and others were not as lucky as we
were!  Then there is affording the gas to power the generator... (back
on-topic in the off-topic conversation)

Jesse