OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00 in twoweeks

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Sep 22 10:18:06 MDT 2005

JStay at mediageneral.com wrote:
>>As long as my DSL line stays up, I won't be complaining though. :-)
>>
>>Mike
>

> Good luck - when Isabelle came through Richmond (also Cat 1) I had
> internet and power until about half-way through the storm.  Come to
> think of it, maybe my internet never went down - it was the power that
> was the problem.  It was out for 4 (14 for some people) days!  Keep a
> backup generator and hopefully you'll be fine.

I was in Fredericksburg at the time.  Although it was only a tropical
storm by the time it reached us, it was quite an experience to have the
wind blow so hard for so long.  We lost power for 12 hours if I recall
correctly.

Before the storm, I really couldn't think of a reason to get a
generator.  Then I understood when everybody got concerned about their
refrigerators.  If the outage had lasted only a few hours longer, we
would have thrown away food.

Shane