OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00 in two weeks

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Sep 21 22:05:08 MDT 2005

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Please thread, die.  And don't come back updated or anything else.

Gabe, welcome to the world that is the unmoderated Internet mailing list.

I caught a little bit of Bill O'Reilly on FNC tonight. He was talking about
gas prices and he is demanding answers from American oil companies. OPEC
charges $58/barrel for crude oil and gas at $3/gallon implies crude oil
should be $95/barrel. Who sets the price per gallon? Bill O'Reilly says
nobody could tell him. They just say, "The market determines the price." He
doesn't buy that. There has to be SOME human being who sets the prices.

Then, later, in an interview with Donald Trump, O'Reilly and Trump were
talking about the lavish lifestyles of the Saudi oil dudes. Bill said
something like, "It cost $4 to get a barrel of oil out of the ground and then
we have to pay $65." Trump said, "I have friends who have Lear jets for
personal planes. These Saudis have 747s!"

Anyway- food for thought.

Incidentally, I heard on the radio the 2007 Chevy Tahoe is going to be a
major redesign for fuel economy. It's supposed to get something like 28 MPG
and they're pushing it to market as far ahead of schedule as possible.

  "Please arrange for pee-pee stop en route."
     -- Memo sent inside Japanese company in London