OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00 in two weeks

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Sep 21 20:45:51 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 19:51 -0600, Andy Bradford wrote:
> Sounds like that is what may be happening in at least one of the States:
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8998356/
>
> Hint, palm trees, perfect temperatures, aloha...

Quotes in articles like these really crack me up.  For example, '"It's
disgusting," said Kui Gonsalves, who paid $3.03 per gallon to fill his
Toyota on Tuesday morning in Makawao, Hawaii.'  Somehow the universe
owes him $1 gas or $2 gas or whatever.  And even if we could do
something to effect lower gas prices, would it be wise to do it (like
invade a country, destroy some ecosystem, or something)?  With low gas
prices we are content to let some other generation deal with the problem
of the impending end of fossil fuels.