OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00 in twoweeks

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Wed Sep 21 16:42:53 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:20:27PM -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> > it is projected to be a Category 1 by the time it hits my house in
> > Pflugerville (up to 100MPG winds).
>
> Wow, that's one fuel efficient storm!

;-) Yeah, `g' and `h' are a bit too close on the keyboard.

> P.S. How do you pronounce Pflugerville? Is there a Pflugerville
> Linux User's Group? www.plug.tx?

It's a mix between German and French, but don't ask me what the
rationale is, given how the Germans have treated the French (invasions
and other violations of decent social convention between neighbors).

It's pronounced ``FLOOG-ER-VILLE''. And the advertisements along the
main road of the city play on that. ``It's Pfun to Live in
Pflugerville!'' There are also the oval (Pf) bumper stickers too:

http://www.statesman.com/metrostate/content/metro/stories/05/29logo.html

Mike
What's another word for synonym?