OT - Gas to hit 4.00 -- UPDATE Now predicted to hit 5.00 in two weeks

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Wed Sep 21 15:32:28 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:46:41PM -0600, Grant Shipley wrote:
> Gas is expected to hit 5.00 in a couple of weeks depending on where
> Rita hits.

Being an Austinite myself, things around here are getting
interesting. All of the hotels around Austin, San Marcos, Georgetown,
and Round Rock are booked (all the Galveston folks are heading up
here). They halted all maintenance and construction on the major
roadways in Austin (35, 183, and 290) to minimize the impact on the
traffic coming through. Looks like Rita is now a Category 5 hurricane;
it is projected to be a Category 1 by the time it hits my house in
Pflugerville (up to 100MPG winds).

We may be cancelling our IBM-assisted Linux installfest at Texas A&M,
among other things (oh, the humanity!). The high school where my wife
teaches is being set up to receive evacuees from the coast. We are
bracing for up to 45,000 people requiring assistance from the city.

As long as my DSL line stays up, I won't be complaining though. :-)

Mike
President Reagan has noted that there are too many economic pundits
and forecasters and has decided on an excess prophets tax.