Opera is now Free

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Tue Sep 20 13:22:12 MDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Andy Bradford wrote:
> Thus said Hans Fugal on Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:58:14 MDT:
>> Since you forgot to mention it in your fanatic ravings, that's free as
>> in concert tickets, not free as in Mozart's music.
>
> Finally, a  ``free as in...''  statement that  makes sense.

Actually it doesn't make much sense to me at all. "Free as in public
domain"? Free as in when Mozart circumvented the copy protection on
Allegri's Miserere? (See:
http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/works/allegri/miserere.html)

It seems like when people talk about "Free as in Freedom" they're
typically talking about much more than the ways in which Mozart's music is
"free".

 	~ Ross