GnuCash and loans

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:34:17 MDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Dennis <devel at muhlesteins.com> wrote:
> Grant Shipley wrote:
>
> >On 9/20/05, Dennis <devel at muhlesteins.com> wrote:
> >

> >> It's too much work to download files automatically
> >>even though I know gnucash can import them.  I click one button and
> >>wammo, all my accounts are automatically updated.  Not worth the time
> >>for me to enter all the transactions in manually.  All I have to do with
> >>quick is assign which budget each transaction goes to.
> >>

> >Correct me if I am wrong here -- but gnuCash can only import the old
> >qif format.  Quicken will not even let you use this format in the last
> >two versions.
> >

> Don't know.  Most banking sites allow you to download other formats
> besides Quicken's though.  Surely GnuCash can import at least one of
> those formats.

Last time I checked gnuCash support the ofx (Open Financial Exchange)
format that both Quicken and MS Money have moved to.  It is an open
standard xml based format.  The problem is that to download an ofx
file from many banks without using the built in features of either
Quicken or MS Money can be a pain.

--
I swear Power Point is going to be the downfall of higher education in
western society.