GnuCash and Budgeting

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Mon Sep 19 20:19:00 MDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:00:01 -0600 (MDT), "Ross Werner"
<ross at agilestudios.com> said:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Grant Shipley wrote:
> > On 9/19/05, Greg Hill <greg at kathihill.com> wrote:
> >> I'm kind of tired of getting dozens of emails every day that have
> >> nothing to do with the purpose of this mailing list.  The guy asked
> >> about a friggin mp3 player and we have at least 50 emails arguing about
> >> budget/saving strategies.  Sheesh.
> >
> > I do my budget and saving planning in gnuCash.  Is the thread
> > considered on topic now? :)
>
> Speaking of gnuCash (and doing my part to swing the thread back
> on-topic),
> does anyone have any suggestions for good Linux software for budgeting?
> GnuCash is great, but (at least as far as I know) it doesn't have any
> budgeting capabilities.

lwn ran the first of two parts on linux financial software last week.
According to that, the main alternatives to gnucash are grisbi and
kmymoney.  Don't know if either has the specific features you're looking
for, though.  (What exactly comprises "budgeting capabilities?")

-Jonathan