GnuCash and Budgeting

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Mon Sep 19 19:00:01 MDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Grant Shipley wrote:
> On 9/19/05, Greg Hill <greg at kathihill.com> wrote:
>> I'm kind of tired of getting dozens of emails every day that have
>> nothing to do with the purpose of this mailing list.  The guy asked
>> about a friggin mp3 player and we have at least 50 emails arguing about
>> budget/saving strategies.  Sheesh.
>
> I do my budget and saving planning in gnuCash.  Is the thread
> considered on topic now? :)

Speaking of gnuCash (and doing my part to swing the thread back on-topic),
does anyone have any suggestions for good Linux software for budgeting?
GnuCash is great, but (at least as far as I know) it doesn't have any
budgeting capabilities.

All I'm looking for is the ability to have several categories, and when I
get a paycheck, put money in the categories, and when I spend money, take
it out of one of the categories. Any success stories?

 	~ Ross