[OT] Re: Mortgage

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Mon Sep 19 18:06:08 MDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Andy Bradford wrote:
> This may not be the best argument against FairTax, but the author
> clearly is against income tax altogether, especially that which is
> withheld automatically because it hides the fact that the government is
> actually taxing you.

It seems his only real argument is that FairTax doesn't do enough--but he
doesn't introduce any cogent arguments as to why it's no better than our
current form of taxation.

Sure, smaller federal government would be great--but do you honestly
expect the federal government to vote for a drastically reduced federal
government? Ha! At least this proposal is a step in the right direction.

> What's so  hysterical about that? If  the government found out  that you
> were making money as a baby sitter, do you think it would just turn away
> and  not make  your customers  pay tax  on it?

They'd probably do what they currently do now with babysitters and tax.

 	~ Ross