The perfect MP3 player

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Mon Sep 19 13:01:08 MDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:26:58 -0600, "Dennis" <devel at muhlesteins.com>
said:
> I agree, someone point me to where I should invest my money.  I have
> stocks and IRA and they are all in the toilet.  I know how to rebalance
> my portfolio etc, but I don't have the time to do it productively.

IMO, outsourcing financial management is like outsourcing critical
product development: people whose career depends on getting your
business tend to overpromise and underdeliver.  Keep it in-house.

For investing, that means if you don't have the time to do in-depth
study (I don't), index funds are your best bet.

And if you're risk-averse, put your money in things like bonds and TIPS.
 Nothing wrong with that.

-Jonathan