ssh-lockout.sh and metalog

Nicholas Leippe nick at byu.edu
Fri Sep 16 12:08:36 MDT 2005

Hi,

I've set up ssh-lockout on a firewall w/gentoo (I wrote a gentoo rc script for
it if anyone wants it).

I don't know if it's working or not, as I can't seem to get it to log
anything.  I've played around with the openlog() and syslog() calls, and my
metalog.conf, and have had no luck.  No matter what I have it send to
syslog(), it seems to go into a black hole.

Also, I changed the log_file to use /var/log/pwdfail/current (which has the
same stuff as sshd/current).  I'm wondering if maybe the regex doesn't find
anything?

--
Respectfully,

Nicholas Leippe