How to clean up apt-get

Tyler Strickland tyler at tylers.org
Fri Sep 16 09:36:16 MDT 2005

On 09/16/2005 12:23 AM, Steve wrote:
> I remember dependency hell.  It's a vague and distant, yet unpleasant
> memory.
> Thank heaven for Gentoo ;)

Fortunately, since moving from RedHat 9 to Debian a few years ago,
dependency hell has been a rare thing, and when it does happen it's
generally easy to fix.  Back in the RedHat days, though...  The day my
distaste for RPM's reached its peak was the day I had to download a
package from CPAN to satisfy an RPM dependency.  I have had no desire to
run an RPM-based distrobution since then.  Ich.  Just thinking about it
gives me chills.

--Tyler