The perfect MP3 player

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Sep 16 02:42:03 MDT 2005

Andrew Hunter wrote:
> I take it that you mean to say that it meets the criteria I am looking for?
> It does come pretty highly recommended, although the thread has forced me to
> again give serious consideration to the iPod.

The iPod is nice... but overpriced, doesn't have Ogg Vorbis support, isn't
future compatible (iRiver units can have future codec capability included in
a firmware update you can apply yourself). The iRiver also has built-in
ability to record without any silly peripherals, and works great with Linux.

-=Fozz

  "For those of you who have children, and don't know it, we have a nursery
   downstairs."
     -- Seen in a church bulletin