The perfect MP3 player

Steve smorrey at
Thu Sep 15 18:25:08 MDT 2005

Andrew Hunter wrote:

>>Alan Young
>>Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:10 PM
>>To: Provo Linux Users Group Mailing List
>>Subject: Re: The perfect MP3 player
>I admit... this has me intrigued.  It suggests that there is a substantial
>community working on making the iPod independent of Apple-- a big plus,
>PLUG:, #utah on
>Don't fear the penguin.
I have eschewed iPods myself, due to battery life and replacement
concerns.  However during my latest foray into buying and MP3 player, I
found that apple had settled a class action suit against it that was
dealing with battery life. Not too sure on the details, but if someone
knows something more please feel free to let me know.
I myself have still not fully decided on an MP3 player, but then again
my entire music collection consists of < 1gig so I'm basically looking
at flash based MP3 players at this time.