djbdns and second and third domains

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:11:55 MDT 2005

I'm running djbdns and trying to get a second and third domain under control.

My main domain works just fine.  If I ping domain1 I get instantaneous
response.  If I ping domain2 or domain3 I get up to a 30 second delay
on the same system and just a timeout from any other system.  Trying
to access any service from the 2 domains times out.

I'm fairly certain the data file is correct--mainly because the log
file shows the request in the current log file.  But I can't find any
kind of an error log.  All it gives me is something I'm assuming is a
timestamp, a set of 3 hex numbers separated by a colon and a minus
(all the ones for the main domain are plus) and the domain name.

I'm looking for docs on the log format.  In the meantime, any pointers or ideas?

I'm running on a linode, on gentoo if that makes any difference.

Additionally, I'm using godaddy as my registrar.  My main domain is
bootstrapped to point to itself using ns1 and ns2 domainname (I know
this is unwise for a production system, but this isn't a production
system) and the other two domains are pointing to ns1 and ns2 at the
main domain, but not bootstrapped.
--
Alan