Grinding noises from my Video Card?

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Thu Sep 15 09:50:05 MDT 2005

Hans Fugal wrote:

>Funny, I've had nothing but good luck with my ATI cards and nothing but
>bad luck with NVIDIA cards I've used. But then I never go for the latest
>and greatest and that might have something to do with it.
>
>But isn't it interesting that a not-latest-and-greatest ATI works well
>for me but a not-latest-and-greatest NVIDIA still has issues?  I think
>there might be a reason for that, left as an excercise for the reader.

Brand choice or bad luck (which I am more then familiar with when it
comes to computer hardware) would be my only guess.  I've used both ATI
and NVIDIA cards and think they are both just swell.  I never get the
latest and greatest either as I can't justify the price.  But as long as
I stick to the brands I love (ASUS and MSI mostly) I am always OK.  I do
prefer NVIDIA just for their drivers and software though.  I think
that's really the only thing they have above ATI.

Eric