[OT] Consent of the governed was, Torn about Tor

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Wed Sep 14 11:15:33 MDT 2005

Thus said Steve on Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:28:57 MDT:

> All I'm saying  is this, no government can exist  without the consent,
> whether explicit or implicit of  those being governed. If a government
> comes to power, which in time  becomes too oppressive, then the people
> will shake it off and find something they find to be newer, better and
> shinier than the old government, or fall into anarchy. Most times both
> things happen, a government falls and for a time it's people fall into
> a state of  anarchy, until reason prevails and they  once again make a
> new government by which at least most of the people can consent to.

You mean, like what happened in pre-Declaration of Independence America:

[Pennsylvania's Anarchist Experiment: 1681-1690]
http://www.mises.org/story/1865

Andy
--
GnuPG ID 0xA63888C9 (D2DA 68C9 BB2B 26B4 8204  2219 A43E F450 A638 88C9)
 11:15am  up 85 days, 19:53,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00