HOSTS file configuration

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Sep 13 15:49:50 MDT 2005

> I can't seem to find anything about the "traditional" order for a hosts
> file.  If someone could, post one that would be great.
> Anyways thanks for the help.

Well I don't know that there would be, but generally people do the SOA,
the A record for example.com (where example.com is your domain), and
then things like NS and MX records. Finally they do the hosts. There's
nothing magic about this though, it just happens to A) make more sense,
and B) allow you to use a few tricks that cut down on the typing.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a