mailing list footer addition request

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Sep 13 08:45:18 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 07:47 -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 at 00:44 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 17:10 -0600, Joel Finlinson wrote:
> > >     Count me as one more vote for "Don't Fear the Penguin" using the
> > > C-style commenting.
> > > /* PLUG: http://plug.org, #utah on irc.freenode.net
> > >  */
> >
> > I don't really care about the Penguin but we really have to have a
> > newline between the body and the footer so they don't run together.
>
> There is. Sorry, I can't explain why sometimes it doesn't show up, any
> more than I can explain why sometimes the leading spaces are removed.

I'm guessing that Joel's message didn't have a trailing newline while
Gabriel's did. The newline got eaten at the end of his message and the
footer started on the very next line. I would say that two newlines
might be in order since not everybody shares my ritualistic habit of
ending every email with a newline. Not that it makes a difference in my
case because I GPG sign my email which forces mailman to make a
mime-multipart attachment.

Corey