mailing list footer addition request

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sun Sep 11 19:51:12 MDT 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 at 16:41 -0600, Levi Pearson wrote:
> I happen to be using a proportionally-spaced font to read email.  It
> does tend to make signatures look ugly, but I prefer the look of
> proportionally-spaced fonts for plain text (the parts of an email I
> actually read), and I'd just as soon not see any signature at all.

Someone else also asked what good monospace is. I for one can't stand to
use anything but monospace because it completely destroys legibility on
code fragments, configuration file snippets, and a host of other things
that depend on spacing (yea, even ASCII art).

> I also object to the new PLUG footer on the grounds that I think C
> and C-style comments should be a thing of the past. :)

:-) I picked C because most of what we use in Linux is written in C.

I've been dismayed that sometimes the sig comes through as

/* PLUG ...
* unsub...
*/

Instead of

/* PLUG ...
 * unsub...
 */

(You with proportional fonts probably can't tell the difference. ;-)

Not sure what's causing it, it doesn't always happen.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a