mailing list footer addition request

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Sun Sep 11 16:41:40 MDT 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Hans Fugal wrote:

> So I've modified it just a bit more. Stuart, I added the unsubscribe
> link you asked for, but it was never in the footer to begin with.
>
> Lest anyone think I take the side of the proportionally-spaced fonts,
> let me just say that IMHO if your mail reader doesn't show plain/
> text in
> a monospace font, then it was designed for people who forward jokes,
> cute stories, and "opportunities". I pity you for being forced to use
> such a reader. (for coercion is the only explanation I can think of)

I happen to be using a proportionally-spaced font to read email.  It
does tend to make signatures look ugly, but I prefer the look of
proportionally-spaced fonts for plain text (the parts of an email I
actually read), and I'd just as soon not see any signature at all.

I also object to the new PLUG footer on the grounds that I think C
and C-style comments should be a thing of the past. :)

         --Levi